But did you know there are other social media platforms you could be using to your advantage?
Have you looked at Instagram?
Instagram is no longer just home for basic girls wearing North Face gear and drinking Pumpkin Spice Lattes. It’s becoming an amazing way for smaller businesses to increase their reach and gain new followers.
Don’t believe us? Let’s look at some data.
Below is a list of amazing data, created by a social media writer.
- Instagram is the fastest growing social media platform with 200 million users 37% of 18-29 year olds use Instagram.
- 80% growth in the brand use of Instagram from 2012-2013.
- 6.5X higher engagement rate on Instagram than Facebook, G+, and Twitter combined!
- 98% higher engagement rate on Linkedin when you cross-post your Instagram photo.
- 30% engagement for images with real customers using products on Instagram.
- 6% higher engagement with users when you post images to Instagram on Sunday.
- 99% of engagements are “likes” on Instagram.
- Indy 500 reached over 52 million people on Instagram & Twitter with their hashtag campaign.
- Use phone numbers or unique link shorteners in photos on Instagram to track ROI (Mikel James Digital).
There’s a good chance that your customers are on Instagram, and that’s the best place to reach them.
Instagram is designed for interactions between you and existing or potential clients. It has higher engagement than Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus combined, it’s a tool your restaurant should use to draw in guests.
Instagram is not just for large corporations.
Social media platforms have become an incredible resource and way to cheaply advertise for smaller companies, competing with large brand names. Even with the smallest budget and some effort, you can see results.
Have your restaurant take advantage of Instagram.
Is your business on Facebook? Then being on Instagram is no additional work for you! Instagram is now owned by Facebook, meaning the two platforms are connected. You can share a post on your business Instagram account and share it on other social media sites.
Interested in other technology to help your restaurant?
Download our free e-book, and we’ll reveal the pros and cons of buying a POS, give you a list of what features are must-haves, and help you choose a merchant services provider.